THE FRENCH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL MARGUERITE DURAS IN HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM, IS SEEKING TO RECRUIT FOR JANUARY 2020, A TEMPORARY FULL-TIME ENGLISH TEACHER TO COVER MATERNITY LEAVE.
Start Date: January 2020
Contract type: full time salary. The salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
Established more than 40 years ago, The French International School Marguerite Duras has been providing formal education to French and non-French students in Ho Chi Minh City since 1977. Its 1,200 students from kindergarten to high school constitute over 20 nationalities bringing about a multicultural environment.
The French International School Marguerite Duras has all the assets to ensure the best chances of success of its students in school and in university while providing them a space for personal development. Joining us means sharing the values of Excellence and Openness.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Covering maternity leave from January to July 2020.
- Starting date: January 6, 2020
- Campus: Đường so 11, Long Thạnh Mỹ, Quận 9, Hồ Chí Minh
- Full time position of 18 hours/week (+1 extra hour, total = 19 working hours)
- You will be employed directly by the Lycée and your contract will be governed by Vietnamese Law.
- Transport to the school is at the expense of the candidate.
- Work permit and visa approval will be discussed with each candidate.
- Successful candidates will be invited to come for an interview.
Please send your application via email to:
- Teaching English in Middle and High School.
- Design and implement learning or teaching situations based on French programs and standards as well as convey subject knowledge.
- Design and implement methods of assessment of student’s learnings.
- Lead the class and foster students’ interest and participation.
- Adapt his/her teaching to the diversity of students by providing each of them with the necessary support, and assess their achievements.
- Use educational softwares to support learning.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- An excellent command of the English Language.
- Experience in teaching in Middle and High school is preferable, a recognized qualification in Teaching is a plus.
- Knowledge of the French curriculum and language is an advantage.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Able to adapt to French-speaking and non-French-speaking students.